all-plaques‎ > ‎

BuschHeringlake

Sierra City
GPS *** N39' 33.951  W120' 38.053 *** elev.  4190'

       

 

 
 
BUSCH & HERINGLAKE BUILDING
 
E  CLAMPUS  VITUS  LAID  THE  CORNER  STONE
JULY  4, 1871.  AUGUST  C.  BUSCH,  PARTNER  IN
THE  YOUNG  AMERICA  MINE,  ENTREPRENEUR
EXTRAORDINAIR,  BUILT  THE  STRUCTURE  USING
SIERRA  CITY  BRICKS.  THE  THREE  STORY
BUIDING  HOUSED  THE  WELLS  FARGO  EXPRESS,
WESTERN  UNION,  ECV  GENERAL  STORE  AND
A  RESIDENCE.  THE  THIRD  FLOOR  PUBLIC  HALL
WAS  USED  BY  BALAAM  LODGE  #107304,  ECV
FOR  MEETINGS.  IT  WAS  DESTROYED  BY  FIRE
IN  1948.  THE  CHARLES  J.  WINSTEAD  FAMILY
LIVED  HERE  UNTIL  CARLO  GIUFFRE  TURNED
IT  INTO  THE  BUSCH & HERINGLAKE  COUNTRY
INN  IN  1986.

DEDICATED  AUGUST 25,  1990
BY  MAJOR  WILLIAM  DOWNIE
CHAPTER  #1849   E  CLAMPUS  VITUS